The school has a responsibility both legally and educationally to ensure that all children receive their entitlement of Religious Education. At Farnborough Road Infant School, we follow the Sefton Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
Aims for Religious Education
- To explore a range of stories and religious writings and think about their meanings.
- To name and explore a range of celebrations, worship and rituals.
- To identify the importance, for some people, of belonging to a religion and understand the difference this makes to their lives.
- To explore how religion can be expressed through the arts e.g. drama
- To identify and understand the significance of key religious symbols and words.
- To introduce and develop an understanding of the Christian and Jewish faith.