We currently have a vacancy for Supply Welfare Assistants.
Main purpose of the role:
Responsible under the direction of the Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher, individually or as a member of a team for securing the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break period in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- To work productively as part of a team to make lunchtimes a social, enjoyable and happy time.
- To encourage the children in positive play and behaviour before and after lunch in the playground or in the classroom due to adverse weather.
- To supervise hygiene routines before a meal
- To give support with table manners and procedures, e.g. correct use of knife and fork.
- Ancillary associated duties, e.g. cleaning up spillages, ensuring tables are clean, administering simple first aid.
- To ensure the safety and personal welfare of children including toileting needs adhering to school policies including intimate care.
- To adapt to the individual needs of a child; taking advice from Senior Leaders, class teachers or teaching assistants.
- To have professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of Farnborough Road Infant School, including confidentiality
- To maintain high standards in your own attendance and punctuality
- To be alert to Health and Safety and show initiative to minimise any risk
- Perform any reasonable duties as requested by the Headteacher
This job description is not your contract of employment or any part of it. It has been prepared only for the purpose of school organisation and may change either as your contract changes or as the organisation of the school is changed. Nothing will be changed without consultation.
Please see Mrs Takes in the school office for an application form.
Thank you for your interest in Farnborough Road Infant School