Friendship Week Monday 18th - Friday 22nd November 2013
At Farnborough Road Infant School we recognise national Anti-bullying week by organising a week full of activities around the theme of "Friendship".
This fits closely with our SEAL work this half term on "Getting on and Falling out".
During the week each class spent time with their "Buddy class". Each Year 2 child has a special buddy in Reception. Year 1 children spend time with our nursery children.
At the end of the week we had two lovely assemblies to celebrate and share everything we had learned about being a good friend.
Here are some of the things the children did:
- Year 2 children wrote special letters or cards to their buddy
- Several classes wrote poems about friendship
- Classes made Friendship paper chains
- Year 1 and Year 2 children designed "Wanted - a good friend" posters
- Reception children learnt and performed special friendship songs
- Flower pots of friendship - with the characteristics of a good friend on each petal